[Server-devel] [XSCE] Re: Cubox Solidrun Prototype Packaging

Jon Nettleton jon.nettleton at gmail.com
Sat Jan 4 12:53:10 EST 2014

According the their website it is 1.5A max
http://www.ianker.com/support-c1-g228.html which would put us at 10 hours
for a full recharge, without draw on it.  Again this isn't a tradition UPS,
but something that we can put to use because of the low draw of our server
:-)

I am sure the 5volts can be provided by either an AC -> 5volt DC coverter
or a 12 volt to 5 volt DC converter.  I have a 12volt to 5volt 3amp
converter in my car that can charge two modern cell phones.  Those
electronics are pretty cheap thanks to smart phones.

Until I know what drives we are using most of this is speculation.  The
IMX6 SOC has very intricate control over the power states of the hardware.
 If we know we are in a battery use situation we can limit the number of
cores powered on and various other things.  Out of the box we are doing
dynamic frequency scaling and various cpu idle states to minimize power
usage.

I don't believe there is anything out of the box that will tell us we are
on battery power.  However the cubox-i does have an IR input.  Perhaps
replacing the LED notification lights on the battery pack with an IR
emitter could work for us?  I am not sure what the Cubox-i has inside for
GPIO, I don't think much.  That is why switching to custom boards in the
future would give us a bit more flexibility.