[Server-devel] [XSCE] Re: a kernel for our solidrun protos?

George Hunt georgejhunt at gmail.com
Fri Jan 3 18:47:25 EST 2014

On our skype call Thursday, Jon suggested using the XO4 config file as a
base for getting all the needed kernel capability. And James suggested
looking at the upstream kernel conf.  In any case I'll need to understand,
and merge in, whatever special conig Rebeeh put in for the SOC in the Cubox.

I won't have an XO4, until it arrives next week. (Adam agreed to send me
one, if I'd build it up to XSCE for Haiti later this month). So here comes
a request:

Can I ask someone to email me the XO4 /boot/conf* file. I'm not at home,
and I didn't bring an ARM XO with me to California. I would love to get
XSCE to load, without erroring out, on a Cubox.

Do we need to start thinking about eSata interfaces. I happen to have an
eSata enclosure from Startech, and a eSata cable.  But I didn't find any
reference that looked like the kernel was recognizing an eSata interface. I
searched the config I'm using. There were "SATA" config lines which were
not enabled.

Jon, what hardware have you been using? Maybe I can get you to email or
post your config file.