[Server-devel] XO-1 wireless tests

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Sun Feb 16 16:35:04 EST 2014

On Sat, Feb 15, 2014 at 05:57:56PM +0100, Jon Nettleton wrote:
> Tim wrote:
> > So I think the answer is yes to 1) and yes to 2), especially if
> > you are unlucky enough to have your target AP and the active mesh
> > on the same channel.
>
> Does the mesh get disabled or moved when you connect to an AP on a
> different channel?

I studied this last week with monitor mode, tcpdump and wireshark.

When the wireless adapter has been commanded to associate with an
access point on a specific channel, mesh beacons and mesh probe

This can be verified by scanning.

So in my opinion, you are always going to have your target AP and the
active mesh on the same channel.

The variability of Tim's results are probably determined by the
environment the test is being done in.  Take the test back to Haiti
where it failed.

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/