[Server-devel] XO-1 wireless scan test Tim-2

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Tue Feb 11 14:42:48 EST 2014

Very good data, thanks.

Your test results are:

Open Firmware: 1334 scans, 1328 pass, 6 fail, 4% failure to see SSID.

Linux: 346 scans, 142 pass, 204 fail, 59% failure to see SSID.

This result confirms the problem is happening; the wireless card works
fine, but Linux does not.

Next, please do not change the test configuration at all, but upgrade
the monitor to 13.2.0, and I will send you a kernel module file that
will fix the problem, and you can then retest.

Will send in separate private mail.

You may also upgrade the rest of the XO-1s to 13.2.0 for this next
test, and apply the kernel module there as well.

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/