[Server-devel] [XSCE] XSCE usage analysis: Malaysia Deployment

tkkang at nurturingasia.com tkkang at nurturingasia.com
Sat Apr 26 03:53:26 EDT 2014

Below is what we found on the XSCE on followup 7 weeks later in the wild.

Hope that will help in future installations...

--
Dear T. K.,

Here's a detailed explanation of what happened that day.

We found that the /library/cache/swap.state is sized 47G, which occupies the whole partition of /.  I know by default during the installation the fedora will part the whole harddisk into two parts, for root (/) 50G, and for /home the remaining.  However, in XSCE's setting, the main content is put into /library which belongs to / partition.

The reason why swap.state is so large is unknow. However, we removed the file and restart the squid service, it becomes normal now.

To prevent future event from happening, we also _bind_ mount the /library/cache to home directory.

Best regards,
Weida