[Server-devel] mea culpa -- my recent rpms moved to testing in XSCE

George Hunt georgejhunt at gmail.com
Wed Apr 23 12:33:38 EDT 2014

I woke up this morning with a wider focus than I had yesterday.

Earlier, I had been concerned that XSCE 5.0 had been broken for over a
month, because our rpms are no longer available on activitycentral.com. I
fixed that problem, and pushed it to tag 5.0 on github a couple of days ago.

But then yesterday, I probably broke 5.0 again by inserting some untested
new rpms into http://download.unleashkids.org/repos/xsce/xs-extra. I was
focused on getting ansible to run to completion on cubox, as a longer term
ongoing project. I had forgotten about all the end users who might suffer
from my mistakes, as they were installing 5.0 on other platforms.

The unleashkids site is new, and until today did  not have a safe place to
put testing code. I created a new yum repo definition at
http://download.unleashkids.org/xsce/repos/xsce-testing.repo and a new repo
tree at http://download.unleashkids.org/xsce/repos/xsce/testing/

Any testing on cubox will need to wget the repo definition to
/etc/yum.repos.d.

I'll try, but probably fail, to do better  next time.