[Server-devel] helping XSCE 0.5 ideas emerge (& road map possibility)

Adam Holt holt at laptop.org
Wed Sep 25 07:56:09 EDT 2013

*To keep these ideas organized as our design/hacking sprint approaches in
3+ weeks, please put all your XSCE 0.5 Desires, Ideas & Suggestions into
the hat here, so they are carefully considered:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1FVUFl6vry8u9b_lNSXvcWKN6hgVB-7Je4aTBpvq0QVg
*

So far someone (Anish Mangal? two people??) have begun pulling together
possible XSCE 0.5 ideas such as:

   - xsce as vnc reflector ->multicast to clients
   - slide show screencast/sound recorder activity

During our Oct 21-23 sprint in SF, we will tighten up this list and
organize it here:

   http://wiki.laptop.org/go/XS_Community_Edition/0.5/Project_Specifications

In keeping with our San Francisco (Oct 21-23) and Malaysia (Nov 18-20)
community sprints, I've somewhat arbitrarily set XSCE road map timeline as
follows:

   - Wed Oct 23 Design Freeze
   - Wed Nov 20 Feature Freeze
   - Christmas Day/Hanukkah/Kwanzaa? Release Candidate (RC1)
   - New Years Day 2014? Release Candidate (RC2)
   - MLK Day? (Jan 20) Final Release

Please help advise/revise all above.  Thank you & hope to see you Monday
5PM NYC Time when several special guests will be discussing (at
http://youtube.com/unleashkids) emerging new $100-range server hardware ---
in particular low-power options for the developing world especially ---
including 2 very different but strong options emerging from Israel:

   http://blog.unleashkids.org/hangouts/calendar/

--
Unsung Heroes of OLPC, interviewed live @ http://unleashkids.org !