[Server-devel] XSCE Wiki facelift :)

David Farning dfarning at activitycentral.com
Wed Sep 18 14:22:55 EDT 2013

As we get ready for the 0.4 release in a couple of week, I cleaned up
the wiki landing page at
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/XS_Community_Edition .

1. Every time I went to that page, I was overwhelmed by the quantity
of information. To reduce the sensation of facing down a firehose,I
shifted most of the information about people and processes to subpages
linked under the heading 'Us'.

2. The second pass was to shift the focus from the technology the
project uses to the the value the product offers users.

I have tried to create a funnel with:
- Devices and Networking
- Educational Content
- Learning and Collaboration

We need a few points under each heading.

3. Finally, I left the section on ecosystem in the front to emphasis
the relationships XSCE might have with other projects.

Edit welcome.

--
David Farning
Activity Central: http://www.activitycentral.com