[Server-devel] DXS update - Sep 12

Anish Mangal anish at activitycentral.com
Thu Sep 12 13:11:14 EDT 2013

Hi,

As mentioned before, we would like to be much more open with DXS
communication, so that decisions we make more sense in light of what's
relevant for XSCE, and our upstreaming efforts. I am going to publish
regular updates on what the DXS team is upto.

We started a new codesprint internally with the following focus:

   - Reorganize codebase structure to better reflect roles (ansible)
   - Making it simpler to install and test the DXS (both in technical and
   documentation aspects)
   - Work on core server features like statistics, authentication

Some of the subtasks are:

   - Create rpm package
   - Use only external static resources, not development branches for ajenti
   - Start work on automated testing framework
   - Documentation/How-Tos & related work that makes working with DXS
   simpler
   - Convert ansible playbooks into roles
   - Create a Vagrantfile which allows to bootstrap a VM DXS instance for
   testing/development
   - Stats consolidation system
   - Add IIAB playbook to DXS
   - Assist XSCE team in 0.4 release, and help create roadmap for 0.5

DXS teammembers (aklis, migonzalvar, annabham, m_anish) are also present on
#schoolserver to clarify details for the same if need be.

Best,
Anish