[Server-devel] [XSCE] XSCE devel scrum on #schoolserver

Anna aschoolf at gmail.com
Tue Sep 3 22:33:19 EDT 2013

I agree with Anish, we need some buffer time between the two meetings.  As
much as I like all y'all, I'd prefer to not have to deal with two meetings
in one day.

Our Thursday Skype calls are useful, but IRC meetings are a totally
different animal when it comes to this stuff.  Specifically getting into
the "nitty gritty details."  When we're speaking to each other by voice, I
have to pay constant attention to what people are saying vocally and
therefore can't go google something real quick or examine a config file.
 Maybe it's just me, but when it comes to paying attention to phone calls,
I can't do much else at the same time and process everything the way I need
to.

There's a lot more latitude in IRC meetings because I can easily scan the
scrollback if my attention was diverted for a couple of minutes while
testing a change, looking at something, etc.

To generalize very heavily: Skype is better for general things (and it's
great to hear everyone's voices, of course), but IRC is better for work
sessions.  At least in my experience.

Bottom line, I don't feel like I need to have an XSCE booted up during
Skype calls.  But I would during an IRC meeting.

The meeting methods are two totally different frames of mind for me and I
think they belong on different days.

Anna