[Server-devel] Server-devel Digest, Vol 78, Issue 39

Tony Anderson tony_anderson at usa.net
Wed Oct 30 19:14:52 EDT 2013

Hi, TK

You are right, it will be a good opportunity. If you consider a
one-classroom
deployment of 30-40 XOs, it would be worthwhile to test collaboration
performance with a single router and ejabberd.

The mesh potato seems to offer benefits to deployments with more than
one classroom and more than one mesh. In this case, mesh potato routing
could enable collaboration by classroom replacing ejabberd service from the
school server.

It would be great if two routers could be set up and a school server run
with
ejabberd and dhcpd not started. Then we could split the XOs between the two
routers and check their ability to interact with the school server and
their
ability to collaborate within their subnets.

Tony