[Server-devel] How to create a screencast

Anna aschoolf at gmail.com
Mon Oct 28 16:13:07 EDT 2013

Here's a few commands I played with from an XO-1, then tried to view
stream.ogg from my desktop.  I couldn't get streaming to work, though, all
it did was display a static screen capture.

gst-launch ximagesrc! ffmpegcolorspace ! videorate ! videoscale !
video/x-raw-yuv,framerate=5/1,width=320,height=240 ! theoraenc quality=16 !
oggmux ! shout2send ip=schoolserver.local port=9000 password=dxsstreaming
mount=stream.ogg streamname=Test description="Screencast"

gst-launch ximagesrc! ffmpegcolorspace ! videorate ! videoscale !
video/x-raw-yuv,width=320,height=240 ! theoraenc quality=16 ! oggmux !
shout2send ip=schoolserver.local port=9000 password=dxsstreaming
mount=stream.ogg streamname=Test description="Screencast"

gst-launch ximagesrc! ffmpegcolorspace ! videorate ! videoscale !
video/x-raw-yuv,framerate=15/1,width=160,height=120 ! theoraenc quality=16