[Server-devel] XSCE | renaming 0.4.5 to 0.5

David Farning dfarning at activitycentral.com
Wed Oct 23 16:27:33 EDT 2013

On Wed, Oct 23, 2013 at 12:57 PM, Martin Dluhos <martin at gnu.org> wrote:
> On 10/07/2013 09:51 PM, James Cameron wrote:
>> Don't number it 0.4.5, instead number it 0.5, and push any plans you
>> had for 0.5 out to 0.6.  The sooner you get to 1.0 the more acceptable
>> the version number will become.  0.4, based on the descriptions I see,
>> is already 1.0 fodder.
>
> We have just discussed the XSCE Roadmap among those present at SF XSCE
> Hackathon. We have reached a consensus on the following schedule:
>
> 10/23: Design Freeze
> 11/14: Ansible migration completed and properly tested-> release 0.5
>        (two days before Malaysia Summit)
> 12/6:  Feature Freeze for 0.6 release
> 1/1:   RC1 for 0.6 release
> 1/14:  0.6 Final release

Agreed.

The very quick turnaround for .5 forces us to fix everything we break
during the migration to Ansible. Then we can take off running for 0.6
with new feature without worrying about the API shifting under our
feet.

Additionally we have added several new team member and a new keeper of
the roadmap and project specification. During the learning period it
will be helpful to keep the number of moving pieces to a minimum.

> Does anyone have comments about or objections to this roadmap?
>
> Martin

David Farning
Activity Central: http://www.activitycentral.com