[Server-devel] XSCE | Proposing a quick turnaround 0.4.5 release

Martin Dluhos martin at gnu.org
Wed Oct 23 15:57:56 EDT 2013

On 10/07/2013 09:51 PM, James Cameron wrote:
> Don't number it 0.4.5, instead number it 0.5, and push any plans you
> had for 0.5 out to 0.6.  The sooner you get to 1.0 the more acceptable
> the version number will become.  0.4, based on the descriptions I see,
> is already 1.0 fodder.

We have just discussed the XSCE Roadmap among those present at SF XSCE
Hackathon. We have reached a consensus on the following schedule:

10/23: Design Freeze
11/14: Ansible migration completed and properly tested-> release 0.5
       (two days before Malaysia Summit)
12/6:  Feature Freeze for 0.6 release
1/1:   RC1 for 0.6 release
1/14:  0.6 Final release

Does anyone have comments about or objections to this roadmap?

Martin