[Server-devel] [XSCE] XSCE/xsce and activitycetral/dxs repository integration in a branch preserving history

Anish Mangal anish at activitycentral.com
Wed Oct 23 15:50:45 EDT 2013

On Wed, Oct 23, 2013 at 12:23 PM, Tim Moody <tim at timmoody.com> wrote:

>   which commit was fa2d59?

"Merge pull request #3 from jvonau/masterjv"

I think he means revert *till* ^^

The commit after that was:

"Copy all files from DXS upto commit "Merge pull request #52 from
scollazo/featu..."

>  This is the same discussion we had yesterday about when we move from dxs
> to xsce.  What would be the criteria for deciding to merge the dxs branch
> into master?

I think that is the thing which is "up in the air" at this point. I think
yesterday we had decided to just copy everything from dxs to xsce:master.

If we stick to that decision, Miguel's steps 1->3 will result in us having
the dxs branch with the full history, and we should do the step 4 of
merging xsce:dxs into xsce:master.

> And it still doesn’t address the question of where ongoing differences
> between dxs and xsce will live.
>
> I’m OK with 1-3, but I’m skeptical about working on the dxs branch.  I
> guess I’m OK with doing a git merge instead of copy to get dxs into xsce as
> long as people don’t lose work, but now rather than later.

Exactly! I also think it is a risk to have "development" being done in
xsce:dxs. I would be in favor of just creating a xsce:dxs with all the dxs
commits, so we don't lose the history, and then we just merge that to the
xsce:master branch and just continue working there.

WhatSay?