[Server-devel] [XSCE] ansible

Anna aschoolf at gmail.com
Thu Oct 10 20:20:47 EDT 2013

Couple of postinstall notes:

xs-authserver has some sort of conflict with the library versions that IIAB
installs.  This gets xs-authserver working (don't worry, it doesn't break
IIAB):
pip install --upgrade --force-reinstall Werkzeug Flask
systemctl restart xs-authserver

OLPC Backup needs a permissions fix in /etc/rssh.conf, so uncomment:
allowrsync
allowsftp

Here's my testing checklist.  Thought I'd paste this in so y'all can see
how similar to XSCE DXS is, and also how to access DXS specific things like
Munin, Ajenti, and xs-authserver.

 Item Access from Note     dhcpd Client Client gets an IP address in the
172.18.x.x range   dhcpd Server Check /var/lib/dhcpd/dhcpd.leases for
client leases   idmgr Client Registration - Register the XO    idmgr
Server Check
/library/users for the XO's Serial Number dir   ejabberd Client 2
registered clients can see each other   ejabberd Server `ejabberdctl
connected_users` reports the 2 registered clients  ejabberd Clients Share
the chat activity and communicate   httpd Client http://schoolserver and
http://schoolserver.local resolves to Apache test page  Moodle Client
http://schoolserver.local/moodle autologs in   Authserver Client
http://schoolserver.local:5000 greets with the XO buddy name  Squid
Server Check
/library/cache size, load webpage on client, verify size has increased
Dansguardian Client Try to look at porn? No way!    IIAB Client
http://schoolserver/iiab resolves    OLPC-Backup Server du -sk
/library/users/* indicates backups   Stats Server A client's rrds are in
/library/sugar-stats/rrd/   Monit Server Halt services and see if they
restart    Munin Client http://schoolserver/munin user:admin pass:munindxs
Ajenti Client http://schoolserver:9990 user:root pass:admin   Ajenti
Wondershaper Client Verify bandwidth edits via online speedtest such as
speakeasy.net/speedtest  Upload Activity N/A /var/www/html/upload_activity.php
is currently not present - WIP