[Server-devel] XSCE | Proposing a quick turnaround 0.4.5 release

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Tue Oct 8 00:51:07 EDT 2013

Don't number it 0.4.5, instead number it 0.5, and push any plans you
had for 0.5 out to 0.6.  The sooner you get to 1.0 the more acceptable
the version number will become.  0.4, based on the descriptions I see,
is already 1.0 fodder.

Ansible sounds fine, but you haven't said what it is for; no apparent
benefit to the end user.  If it is an internal reorganisation for
developers, won't you need to find which developers are in favour, and
will the publication of a feature page expose those developers or not?
If it is for a web user interface for end-users, are there others you
might use instead, such as Webmin?  What process led to the
recommendation to use Ansible?  Which developers will find it hard to
migrate their neural maps to Ansible?

I don't see any sign of failure to scale with the existing developers,
so I'm surprised you would want to go all formal with feature pages
and an approval based development process.  The community you have now
is still young, and probably hasn't even finished settling in to the
processes you already have.

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/