[Server-devel] Fwd: XS-CE Setup Issue

Jerry Vonau jvonau at shaw.ca
Mon Oct 7 16:48:35 EDT 2013

On Mon, 2013-10-07 at 12:45 -0700, Anish Mangal wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I got this email for an error log of a xsce-0.4, 64 bit installation.
> Any ideas?
>

> (I've asked the person concerned to join server-devel, so he can ask
> questions directly in the future).
>

> Best,
> Anish

./startup.sh: line 233: [: sysadmin:x:1000:1000:System: unary operator
expected
chown: invalid user: ‘admin:admin’

line 233:
        # make a non privileged user, and give her remote access
        if [ ! `grep $DEFAULTUSER /etc/passwd` ]; then
            adduser $DEFAULTUSER
            echo "$DEFAULTPASSWORD" | passwd $DEFAULTUSER --stdin

The code needs to be re-done to prevent a string being returned when the
test is expecting a number to be returned.

This doesn't address the fact that you can have a 'sysadmin' user and a
'admin' user at the same time. Maybe a better test would be to see if
the 'admin' user has a home directory created already before creating
the 'admin' user account.

Jerry