[Server-devel] Feedback: Problems with XSCE

Anish Mangal anish at activitycentral.com
Fri Nov 29 01:14:33 EST 2013

Hi,

I would like to share this blog post from John Ellis with the XSCE
community: John is a high school student who is trying to setup XSCE in his
class/school under the supervision of his teacher Jeff Elkner.

http://johnmichaelffs.blogspot.in/2013/11/problems-with-xsce.html

Some of the stuff he points out certainly makes a lot of sense to me, I
think the core underling message is to make XSCE more approachable to the
end user and the advanced end-user/deployer. He has gone to some lengths to
point out specific aspects which could be improved.

As we think about the possibilities for XSCE-0.6, I would like to further
the discussion along these topics here and/or on IRC. I think the project
could do well listening to end users' needs for the 0.6 cycle, especially
that we now seem to have our house in order codewise thanks to the terrific
work by all the software hackers here :-)

Thoughts?

Cheers,
Anish