[Server-devel] help us finalize XS Community Edition version 0.3

David Farning dfarning at activitycentral.com
Sun May 12 02:23:25 EDT 2013

On Sat, May 11, 2013 at 9:20 PM,  <tkkang at nurturingasia.com> wrote:
> Great to see the hive of activity to get this out stable and usable with features. I tried two installation on a XO 1.75 and they went smoothly - not sure why on 2 occassions the XOs went "blank/dark" before reaching final stage that installation is successful.

I believe that it is related to power management.

> Would try XO 1.0 and 1.5 and 1.75 (with a fast SD card instead) later. Don't have XO-4 for testing :-(
>
> Any good suggestion as to what external USB would fit well for external storage as I am getting one 1TB soon?

Any USB hard drive should work.... Jerry is currently working on it.
The logic to detect and use the hard drive as available space for core
services is not yet complete. Hopefully tomorrow.

> Also what about supporting plug & play AP access with a USB Wireless N USB Adaptor? I had a RPi with 16G Khan Academy and wireless assess on a cheap Adaptor is a breeze. Would love to have less wires - minus the USB-Ethernet adaptor and cables into an external AP.

Ideally this will be possible. Due to our limited resource we are
focusing on the know and well understood platforms of XO-1.75, XO-4,
XO-1.5, XO-1. for 0.3. Hopefully for 0.4 RPi will be an option. The
best way to make hardware happen is to send a few (or a few buck) to
volunteers to purchase and develop/test on your hardware of choice :)

> Pity I could not join for chat. My best wishes to you all hackers!
>
> Cheers

David Farning
Activity Central: http://www.activitycentral.com