[Server-devel] help us finalize XS Community Edition version 0.3

Holt holt at laptop.org
Fri May 10 17:10:05 EDT 2013

School Server Users & Contributors-

XS Community Edition now runs on OLPC Release 13.1.0 (Fedora 18) across
an increasing number of XOs.

Now we're getting towards the halfway point of our community's 4th Hack
Sprint outside Toronto here ( photos @
http://haitidreams.wordpress.com/2013/05/09/school-server-community-edition-toronto-hack-sprint-begins/
) hoping for testers across XO-1 (maybe!), XO-1.5, XO-1.75 and XO-4 --
as things become much more reliable in coming weeks.

*Plz if you can join Saturday's 2PM NYC Time voice call tomorrow, to
help us review the imminent release of:**
**
**http://wiki.laptop.org/go/User:Holt/XS_Community_Edition/0.3*

Just email your Skype username or phone number to holt @ laptop.org,
that'd be awesome, so we can talk about your school's and all schools'
needs, thanks!  Some of OLPC/Sugar's best volunteers have progressed at
lot in only 8 months, now working with LA-based
http://internet-in-a-box.org founder Braddock Gaskill, in person all the
way from LA/CalTech, to show off his tremendous work & public resource
(1TB nearly complete Wikipedia+Khan Academy+OpenStreetMap+41,000
GutenbergPrjct books) and answer any questions!  Looking forward to
talking about any/all topics, including:

  * Anna's Calibre bookserver/metadata demo
  * Pathagar bookserver support, almost working!
  * Modularization success, thanks to George Hunt!
  * Smoke test coming soon all can help with, particularly on XO-4
  * Documentation emerging week-by-week @ http://schoolserver.org
  * Support for Raspberry Pi, small iron (x86) and big iron (x64) later
    summer?
  * Upcoming roadmap planning & intl deployment plans engaging all
    continents

--
Help kids everywhere map their world, at http://olpcMAP.net !