[Server-devel] XS Community Edition: XO 1.75 installtion

Jerry Vonau jvonau at shaw.ca
Sat Mar 2 16:08:50 EST 2013

On Sat, 2013-03-02 at 17:31 +0000, tkkang at nurturingasia.com wrote:
> Yes it is a 12.1.0 (build 10) as I cannot flash the new build 21 since the image I have is "customised".

Is your 1.75 locked?

> For the 1st installation I did not have the USB-Ethernet-AP connection plugin.

Your best bet is to have all your interfaces plugging in before booting
the XO, otherwise when we detect the number of interfaces we will miss
installing some components that is vital to using the XS as a router. We
prompt if we detect less than what is required for a router, but I
prefer to have the interfaces appear in the same order as what the
kernel will find if just rebooted. This is more of an issue when your
using 2 usb based interfaces and not using the XO's internal wifi.

> Maybe I should use another XO to start all over again!

I would prefer if you could use 12.1.0-21 as a starting point as that is
what we are testing with. If you can't do that, please ensure your
network adaptor is inserted before booting then run the install.

> Thanks for the detail step by step. Hope I have better luck the next time.

see:

http://wiki.laptop.org/go/User:Holt/XS_Community_Edition/0.2/Hacking
Installing.

> Does Moodle, registration, etc work as usual with a complete install?

Moodle is left uninstalled, but can be added later if wanted/needed,
instructions to follow.

Thanks for the valuable feedback,

Jerry