[Server-devel] Best XSCE strategy for us in Pacific with XO-1.5 2GB Testing XSCE 3 on XO 1.5 2GB os855

David Leeming david at leeming-consulting.com
Thu Jun 20 03:50:44 EDT 2013

Successfully installed XSCE 0.3 on my XO-1.5 (2GB) after first installing XO
release 13.1.0 on an 8GB external SD card and then following the standard
procedure. First time I ran xs-setup there were some errors probably caused
by connectivity issues but when I re-ran xs-setup it successfully completed.
Moodle is there, all looks good. I will put a selection of our Pacific
Islands content and test our normal Moodle configuration (very basic) and
try it out with some teachers in a scheduled training in a couple of weeks
time.

Also will try and get a 32Gb or 64Gb card and install on that. I noted
Anna's advice and copied the yum cache. When I repeat with the larger card I
will try and use that to reduce downloading.

David Leeming
Solomon Islands