[Server-devel] Testing XSCE 3 on XO 1.5 2GB os855

Anna aschoolf at gmail.com
Sat Jun 15 00:50:15 EDT 2013

I posted how to transfer the /var/cache/yum contents from one XSCE to
another a while ago on the wiki.  This is what I do to save time when I'm
repeatedly installing the XSCE.

http://wiki.laptop.org/go/User:Holt/XS_Community_Edition/0.3/Configuring#Manually_saving_yum_cache_for_repeat_installations
Manually saving yum cache for repeat installations

Currently we're testing keeping the yum cache on a USB drive so subsequent
installations go faster, but if you're having issues with getting that to
work, there's a manual option. The XSCE installation process tells
/etc/yum.conf to keep the yum cache, rather than the default XO behavior of
discarding it. After a successful installation, you can pack up the yum
cache to tote to another installation:

cd /var/cache/yum
tar cf xsce.tar *

Copy the tarball off. Unpack it on an XO with the same architecture and
Fedora version.

tar xvf xsce.tar -C /var/cache/yum

On Fri, Jun 14, 2013 at 7:54 PM, David Farning <dfarning at activitycentral.com