[Server-devel] ANNOUNCEMENT XSCE 0.3 Final Release

David Leeming david at leeming-consulting.com
Tue Jun 11 22:36:15 EDT 2013

This is very exciting. I am just starting on a 200 XO 1.5 deployment in
Solomon Islands and will give this a whirl.

We have XO 1.5s with only 2GB onboard. Is that enough?

I have seen the wiki pages and will work on that but if there are any tips,
I will be watching this list, of course I will give my feedback too.

I particularly want to use the 30GB of content that the Pacific islands
jointly collected together (mostly OERs). The way we did this on the XS 0.7
was to put the content folders in /library and set up aliases in html.conf
and then add links "to resource or website" on the Moodle pages. Can I
assume I can do the same with XSCE 0.3 using a 32GB or 64GB SDRAM card?

To install, is it possible to down the image and install with a flash drive?
Then I can get the download from one of the few places here where we can get
a decent download speed, and install more than one at my leisure.

David Leeming

Solomon Islands