[Server-devel] XSCE Sprint

Tony Anderson tony at olenepal.org
Wed Jul 10 05:07:04 EDT 2013

Hi,

Thanks again for this!

What I gather is that we should use Nandblast from an XO for reflash.
For a time it was not supported for XO-1.5, but my current understanding
is that it supported for all versions of XO.

In Lesotho, the flash was taking 15min from boot to reboot for
registration. These laptops (XO-1) date from the first G1G1 and so there
is no telling about endurance.

Naturally, reload of the Journal occurs via the file system after the
flash. Sadly, this is not a current issue because none of the
deployments actually use the Journal (e.g. in Lesotho the laptops are
shared among several students).

The laptops (XO-1.5s) at Saint Jacobs were sponsored by a group in
Stuttgart and are not part of the Rwanda purchase. In any case, I
believe the information needed for the collection stick is available
(serial number and uuid).

Yours,

Tony