[Server-devel] Installing XSCE on XO-1

David Farning dfarning at activitycentral.com
Mon Jul 1 08:25:55 EDT 2013

On Mon, Jul 1, 2013 at 5:56 AM, David Leeming
<david at leeming-consulting.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>

> Can anyone confirm that XSCE 0.3 has been successfully installed on an XO-1?

Sadly no. Anna spent many hours of tweaking trying to get a 0.3 to run
on a XO-1. But we didn't make it in time for the feature freeze.

> If so, the starting point would be installing 31036o0.img (not .zd) onto an
> external 8GB+ SD card?
>

> We want to try this here in rural PNG but need to be sure as it is a long
> job with the downloading....

Agreed. There is a git branch for running on the XO-1 that _should_
land in time for 0.4. As soon as it lands, I'll test it and let you
know how it works.

> Oh yes, we tried to prepare an XO-1 as per the instructions on the wiki
> (installing the os on an SD card) but failed at the first step – we can’t
> get a developer key for the XO because “activation.laptop.org uses an
> invalid security certificate” (Error code
> sec_error_expired_issuer_certificate). How can we get the developer key? We
> don’t have any unlocked XOs available... (we checked the date/time on the XO
> was correct)

Any OLPC folks in the room who can help with this?

> David Leeming
>
> Leeming Consulting, P.O. Box 652, Honiara, Solomon Islands
>
> Tel: +677 747-6396 (m) 24419 (h)
>
> www.leeming-consulting.com

David Farning
Activity Central: http://www.activitycentral.com