[Server-devel] Feasibility of installing XS-0.7 on different mediums

Ajay Garg ajay at activitycentral.com
Thu Jan 10 02:24:31 EST 2013

Hi all.

I was wanting to have the XS-0.7 set-up, and have been using
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/XS_Techniques_and_Configuration for reference
purposes.
The major purpose of me having the school-server installed, is to do
activity-sharing via "ejabberd" presence-service.

However, I have the following queries ::

a)
Is it "ok" to install the image on a VirtualBox?

By "ok", I mean that I have been successfully able to install the image on
a VirtualBox, but I am not sure if everything would work fine from thereon
(for eg., connectivity of XOs to this "virtualized" image).

b)
Is it "possible" to have the school-server installed on any version of XO?
If yes, would it be "ok" as well? :P

If there are no definite answers for the above two, I would take it to mean
that having it installed on a dedicated, non-virtualized, non-XO machine is
the only "correct" way :)

I would be grateful for any pointers :)

Regards,

Ajay Garg