[Server-devel] a kernel for our solidrun protos?

George Hunt georgejhunt at gmail.com
Mon Dec 30 23:29:55 EST 2013

After a few false starts:

   - Putting the microsd card upside down does not work.
   - The microusb console connector is really intermittent (does not seat
   well with my connector body).
   - My hdmi to vga adapter causes the monitor to jitter

I was not able to get the stock u-boot that Rabeeh provides to boot.
I downloaded the git repo, and selected the i4 make version.

Then for drill, I compiled his git repo kernel, and put it on partition 1.
I untared the rootfs onto a second partition.

At this point it's not clear that the kernel is able to get into the
rootfs, though the console messages say that it has discovered the mmcblk
device, and that it has mmcblk0p1, and mmcblk0p2.

I may need to change the kernel command line (I got to this point without
any modification of partition 1).

More play tomorrow