[Server-devel] [XSCE] XSCE 0.5

George Hunt georgejhunt at gmail.com
Mon Dec 30 23:16:37 EST 2013

In order to change from a appliance machine to a gateway machine, the
playbook and ansible will need to rewrite the iptables, and get the ports
right so that dansguardian properly filters content that comes from the
internet.

I doubt very much that all this would work, without running "./runansible"
again.  When I was loading 0.5 on a x86-64, the adapters were not
discovered properly.  The quickest way to discover this, for me, is to type
iptables-save in a root terminal.  Look at the masquerade line.  The output
-o needs to be the wan adapter, and the -i the lan.

I'm not understanding why you would want to change appliance -> gateway
without running ansible?