[Server-devel] IIAB/XSCE School Server
braddock at braddock.com
Thu Dec 19 12:35:09 EST 2013
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
A few IIAB/XSCE notes and thoughts:
- -We finally have the full text Wikipedia search working, thanks to a
lot of work by James McDuffie. Probably have a new dataset release
shortly after Christmas.
- -Adam, how many copies of the old IIAB dataset drive are floating
around? I need to know if I need to support them with backwards
compatibility (I imagine the answer is yes). And I'm curious.
- -We are overdue for an RPM release for XSCE to use. Anna has
encountered at least one bug (32-bit address space exhaustion on full
text Wikipedia search on XO 1.5) which had already been fixed in our
latest development branch.
- -Using pip with wheel in a virtualenv for installation sounds very
promising. This would be my prefered method for distribution of IIAB
for school server, since you can just use our published PyPi package
and we wouldn't have to maintain separate, fragile, out of date RPM
- -We are looking for new hardware for our IIAB appliance to replace the
128MB Seagate GoFlex Home, which cannot handle much load and is very
labor intensive to install. I continue to peek over your shoulders to
see what hardware you are playing with for School Server. Our ideas at
- -Several more IIAB appliances will be heading to Haiti next month, I
am building them now.
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.11 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Thunderbird - http://www.enigmail.net/
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
More information about the Server-devel