[Server-devel] XS 0.7 CentOS boot hang

Samuel Greenfeld greenfeld at laptop.org
Tue Aug 20 12:59:24 EDT 2013

Given the XS-0.7 does not run X Windows by default, this likely is not the
problem.

You can try disabling the pseudo-graphical progress bar to get more
information.

On a system that hangs, choose to edit the default boot option before the
countdown timer finishes.  Delete the "rhgb" (Red Hat Graphical Boot) and
"quiet" parameters, and then tell Grub to let the system boot to see if the
hang point becomes obvious.

On Tue, Aug 20, 2013 at 2:36 AM, David Leeming <david at leeming-consulting.com