[Server-devel] What is your deployment looking for in a School Server.

David Farning dfarning at activitycentral.com
Sat Aug 17 13:37:41 EDT 2013

For the past couple of months, member of the XSCE team have been
interviewing deployments and schools to gain information on what they would
like to see from a school server.

I would like to open this up to a straw poll about school server priorities
for the 0.5 release which will probably happen earning in the first quarter
of 2014.

To keep things organized let's focus this round of discussion on four
topics:

1. Hardware:  What hardware priorities should a school server have and why?

2. Services: What services and features should a school server provide and
why?

3. Content: What content would you like to see on a school server provide
and why?

4. Other : Other priorities.

Please let us know your priorities by responding on this list or responding
to me privately. I'll compile the data and make it available to this list
and the XSCE team

Our success depend on engaging volunteers like you to add value user to
XSCE. If we are able to add enough value, schools and deployments will
chose to deploy the XSCE. As we _prove_ impact on deployment success and
students lives, it will be easier and easier to engage volunteer to
continue the cycle by adding more value.

--
David Farning
Activity Central: http://www.activitycentral.com