[Server-devel] Powering a hard drive?

David Farning dfarning at activitycentral.com
Fri Aug 16 13:18:40 EDT 2013

We have just received confirmation that compulab won't be releasing a SATA
connector with the utilite. ( http://utilite-computer.com/web/home )
 Instread they will offer a mSATA connection.

So far, they have not been willing to clarify if the change is due to heat,
power, or marketing. As shipped the base utility will hit the all important
sub $100 mark. However the cost of a SSD is significantly higher than a
normal drive.

Do any of the power experts have suggestions? Losing the 'all in one' form
factor greatly reduces the value in my opinion

--
David Farning
Activity Central: http://www.activitycentral.com