[Server-devel] XS to become XSCE???

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Mon Aug 5 04:16:11 EDT 2013

On Sun, Aug 04, 2013 at 10:13:25PM -0700, Sameer Verma wrote:
> Just noticed that on
> http://wiki.laptop.org/go/XS_Installing_Software_0.7 it says that
> stable version is XS 0.7 and unstable is XSCE 0.3
>
> Is this correct?

What you see is from the template page Latest Releases and occurs on
every Wiki page that includes that template.  So the fact that it is
on XS_Installing_Software_0.7 is not unusual, because that page
includes the template.

The template edits that led to this are here:

http://wiki.laptop.org/index.php?title=Template:Latest_Releases/XS-devel&diff=287052&oldid=266082
http://wiki.laptop.org/index.php?title=Template:Latest_Releases/XS-devel&diff=287053&oldid=287052
http://wiki.laptop.org/index.php?title=Template:Latest_Releases/XS-devel&diff=287329&oldid=287053

> Is XSCE to become XS 0.8? I am all in favor of the two projects
> merging, but as I understand it, XS and XSCE are two very
> *different* projects as of now. Some clarification would be great!

I don't see any indication on the template to suggest that XSCE will
become XS, but I do see "Server" software now includes xs-0.7 as
stable, and XSCE 0.3 as unstable.

I don't see any unstable version of xs-, and I don't see any stable
version of XSCE.  I'd like to see both.  The former would indicate
ongoing development of xs- and the latter would indicate finalisation
of XSCE.

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/