[Server-devel] School server on ARM related question: Systemd on fc17 doesn't see ethernet dongles or USB sticks

George Hunt georgejhunt at gmail.com
Sat May 19 15:22:20 EDT 2012

Hi all,

There are no entries in /var/log/messages or dmesg relating to my test USB
stick at /dev/sdb1, even though during the boot process, dracut sees an 8
GB sdb as well as the 132GB hard disk on sda that is the rootfs (so I think
the proper drivers are in the kernel). I'm playing with the trimslice root
fs and kernel snapshots available at
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Architectures/ARM.

I also cannot configure an ethernet dongle, which the kernel doesn't appear
to respond to, when inserted.

Any pointers to documentation, or what modules's source I might study? I
don't really understand how HAL was replaced, or why there are no entries
in the kernel log.

Thanks,

George