[Server-devel] Database error troubleshooting

David Leeming david at leeming-consulting.com
Thu May 10 20:38:07 EDT 2012

More on this from my remote XO Champion in PNG

Reminder:
The error is : "Error: Database connection failed" as viewed in a connected
XO when they try to access the Moodle home page (local schoolserver link in
Browse)

Rebooting does not help. We already established disk space is OK. It's a
default 0.6 installation.

service postgresql status  - gives "postmaster is stopped"

service httpd restart - stops and starts up OK

it pings the FQDN and the shortcut schoolserver OK on the XS and an XO using
Terminal.

Any help with this appreciated. It is difficult to have to reinstall it, as
no-one there has the skills.

David Leeming
Solomon Islands Rural Link
www.rurallink.com.sb