[Server-devel] Problemas con servidor xs

Fernando Paz fipazc at gmail.com
Tue Mar 27 23:33:13 EDT 2012

Hi Reuben.

On the XS I did this:

*1.* Copy eth0-local.example to network-scripts

-       cp
/usr/share/doc/xs-config-0.6.0.16.g3c1e949/ifcfg-eth0-local.example
/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0-local

IPADDR = 192.168.1.253 à If I leave this line can I delete the one that is
under or should I leave it

IPV6ADDR = 2001:4830:2446:ff00: :2/64

NETMASK = 255.255.255.0

#NETWORK = 18.85.46.0

#BROADCAST = 18.85.46.255

GATEWAY = 192.168.1.254

*2.* ifup eth0

*3.* Setting the server domain name:

/etc/sysconfig/olpc-scripts/domain_config nombreescuela(schoolname)

*4.* reboot

*DHCP activated in server:*

* *

*Ping schoolserver = *

PING schoolserver.nombreescuela (172.18.0.1) 56(84) bytes of data

64 bytes from 172.18.0.1 ……

64 bytes from 172.18.0.1 ……

64 bytes from 172.18.0.1 ……

*--- Schoolserver.nombreescuela ping stadistics –*

*3 packets transmitted, 3 received, 0 % loss, time 2000ms*

* *

*Ping 192.168.1.254 = *

*
*

--- 192.168.1.254 ping stadistics –

3 packets transmitted, 3 received, 0 % loss, time 2003ms

*Ping google.com = *

*
*

--- --- google.com ping stadistics –

3 packets transmitted, 3 received, 0 % loss, time 2029ms**

* *

*On the XO:*

* *

*Ping 192.168.1.254 =*

--- --- 192.168.1.254 ping stadistics –

3 packets transmitted, 3 received, 0% packet loss, time 2003ms**

* *

*Ping 192.168.1.253 =*

--- --- 192.168.1.253 ping stadistics –

3 packets transmitted, 3 received, 0% packet loss, time 2002ms

*Ping google.com =*

--- --- google.com ping stadistics –

3 packets transmitted, 3 received, 0% packet loss, time 2003ms**

* *

*IP ADDRESS OF XO = 192.168.1.24*

* *

*On the XS:*

* *

*Ping 192.168.1.24 =*

--- --- 192.168.1.24 ping stadistics –

3 packets transmitted, 3 received, 0% packet loss, time 2130ms

*Ping 192.168.1.25 = *

--- --- 192.168.1.25 ping stadistics –

3 packets transmitted, 0 received, +3 errors, 100% packet loss, time 3001ms*
*

* *

*
*

*
*

*DHCP deactivated in the server:*

*
*

*# chkconfig dhcpd off*

*# service dhcpd status*

… dhcpd is stopped**

* *

*Ping schoolserver =*

64 bytes from 172.18.0.1 ……

64 bytes from 172.18.0.1 ……

64 bytes from 172.18.0.1 ……

*--- Schoolserver.nombreescuela ping stadistics –*

*3 packets transmitted, 3 received, 0 % loss, time 2001ms*

* *

*Ping 192.168.1.254 = *

*
*

--- 192.168.1.254 ping stadistics –

3 packets transmitted, 3 received, 0% packet loss, time 2003ms**

* *

*Ping google.com = *

*
*

--- --- google.com ping stadistics –

3 packets transmitted, 3 received, 0 % packet loss, time 2031ms**

* *

* **On the XO:*

* *

*Ping 192.168.1.254 =*

*
*

--- --- 192.168.1.254 ping stadistics –

3 packets transmitted, 3 received, 0% packet loss, time 2002ms**

* *

*Ping 192.168.1.253 =*

*
*

--- --- 192.168.1.253 ping stadistics –

3 packets transmitted, 3 received, 0% packet loss, time 2003ms**

* *

*Ping -c 3 google.com =*

*
*

--- --- google.com ping stadistics –

3 packets transmitted, 3 received, 0% packet loss, time 2002ms**

* *

* *

*IP ADDRESS OF XO = 192.168.1.24*

* *

*On the XS:*

* *

*Ping 192.168.1.24 =*

*
*

--- --- 192.168.1.24 ping stadistics –

3 packets transmitted, 3 received, 0% packet loss, time 2003ms

*Ping 192.168.1.25 =*

*
*

*From 192.168.1.253 ... Destination Host Unreachable*

*From 192.168.1.253 ... Destination Host Unreachable*

*From 192.168.1.253 ... Destination Host Unreachable*
*
*

--- --- 192.168.1.25 ping stadistics –

3 packets transmitted, 0 received, +3 errors, 100% packet loss, time 3001ms*
*

* *

Also in the link under there are some screenshots of 2wire 4011G router ,
but is in Spanish http://issuu.com/vigilat/docs/router_2wire_4011g