[Server-devel] XS stats script...

Sameer Verma sverma at sfsu.edu
Wed Mar 14 14:39:26 EDT 2012

On Mon, Mar 12, 2012 at 1:29 AM, Sameer Verma <sverma at sfsu.edu> wrote:
> Wondering if anyone has used this script and if you were able to run
> it successfully.
> http://wiki.paraguayeduca.org/index.php/Analisis_de_Uso_de_Actividades
>
> cheers,
> Sameer

I've had a short offlist exchange with Bernie Innocenti and Morgan
Ames (and Raul Segales earlier, plus Martin Abente cc'd for good
measure).  So, we'll try to see if we can get the script to work as
intended.

The script is supposed to dump usage data from the journal backups in
/library/users There is another script (written in Ruby) that can then
pull pretty graphs from the data.
http://wiki.paraguayeduca.org/index.php/Analisis_de_Uso_de_Actividades#Generating_nice_pie_charts

This would be a great set of features to fold into the next XS, with
options to look at the data via Moodle and to have the option to dump
data to csv

I'm curious to know if

1) any of the deployments use ParaguayEduca's scripts
2) any of the deployments do something like this, but using a
different approach.

cheers,
Sameer
--