[Server-devel] failed to register

Holt holt at laptop.org
Tue Jun 5 07:22:03 EDT 2012

On 6/4/2012 9:16 PM, Sameer Verma wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 4, 2012 at 6:11 PM, Jerry Vonau<jvonau at shaw.ca>  wrote:
>> OK, let's check if the XS has the serial numbers, what is the output of
>> /usr/bin/xs-list-registration? If that shows as correct the XOs timed
>> out like in ticket 11056. Can you use the "register again" option from
>> the home view? If that option is not available you'll have to manually
>> add schoolserver.providence.uwimona.edu.jm to network-control-panel's
>> server field and you should be good to go.
>>
>> Jerry
>>
> [sverma at schoolserver ~]$ /usr/bin/xs-list-registration
> Listing students from  /home/idmgr/identity.db
> roshaun      marchall	SHC03801C2E
> user	SHC03801C74
> user	SHC03801C78
> user	SHC03801C65
> xo	SHC03801C40
> Ti-Annah Grant	SHC03801C31
> user	SHC03801C4F
> xo	SHC03801C33
> dadrique hamilton  cianna	SHC03801C6B
> xo	SHC03801C77
> malikha Algeca  Bradnock	SHC03801C32
> user jahleel foster	SHC03801C51
> makada   	SHC03801C7F
> user	SHC03801C34
> shanell  moss	SHC03801C57
> user	SHC03801C18
>

> I'm logging in remotely from San Francisco. Adam can give you the
> answer on the "register again" option
>
> cheers,
> Sameer

XO-1.5s do not show a "Register Again" option, except on that 1 single
machine that registered successfully back on Saturday.

That single XO-1.5 registered successfully (back on Saturday) regardless
whether its My Settings -> Network -> Server was set to
schoolserver.providence.uwimona.edu.jm or was not set to anything at all.

As of Monday/now however, XO-1.5s cannot similarly register, no matter
if My Settings -> Network -> Server is set or not, even with
schoolserver.providence.uwimona.edu.jm remaining pingable.

Anything else I can try?

Aside: all XO-1.5s are running 11.2.0, and if we can resolve this
register-then-backup dilemma, our intent is to reflash all to 11.3.1.

--
Help kids everywhere map their world, at http://olpcMAP.net !