[Server-devel] armv7hl vs armv7l

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Fri Jul 6 10:36:19 EDT 2012

On Fri, Jul 6, 2012 at 3:25 PM, George Hunt <georgejhunt at gmail.com> wrote:
> I want to add my repo's url to /etc/yum.repos.d/ and have "yum install" find
> my rpms.
>
> Maybe my problem is that I really don't understand the difference between in
> yum's use of $ARCH and $BASEARCH for arm.
>
> After a little reflection, I can just do "trial and error". If my rpms are
> not found, I can just change the path from ../rpms/armv7hl/... to
> ../rpms/armv7l/.. and recreate the repo xml files.

You need to create a repo file. Very simple example here

http://build.laptop.org/~pbrobinson/maliit/maliit.repo

Then "yum install createrepo" to get the tools to build a repository

Finally run "createreop directory-with-rpms/" to create the repo. You
can also setup a local "file" repo if you don't have a webserver to
run it from.

Peter

> I read on the fedora wiki that userland armv7hl and armv7l complied programs
> don't mix.  But your assurance that the XO is really armv7hl is what I
> couldn't find easily on the web.

For queries like that it's likely easier to ask on list or just ping
me on IRC :)

Peter