[Server-devel] Who wrote http://wiki.laptop.org/go/XS_Install_Server?

George Hunt georgejhunt at gmail.com
Mon Jan 30 12:40:04 EST 2012

Hi everyone,

I'm new to this list.

I met Tony Anderson in Haiti, and again at the San Francisco OLPC Summit in
late 2011. He prevailed upon me to spend some time trying to figure out how
to rebase XS on a more recent Fedora Core.

I just recently used pungi to gather together FC16 rpms into an iso using
the kickstart file that came with XS-0.6.  What was 550MB in FC9 has grown
to 775MB in FC16.  My initial goal was to create a CD image, that can be
installed in the traditional way. But going forward, even if we can pare
things down and fit in 690MB this time, perhaps we need a better strategy.

I came across comments in the XS wiki  to the effect that USB installs
don't always work, suggesting that a CD installation was more reliable.

Then I discovered this page (which I had missed before) which displayed a
level of knowledge, and perspective, which I would like to tap.

Can anyone own up to being the author, or point to him/her?

I'd like to start a conversation.

George