[Server-devel] XS on XO

Daniel Drake dsd at laptop.org
Thu Feb 23 10:27:50 EST 2012

On Wed, Feb 22, 2012 at 9:08 PM, Martin Langhoff
<martin.langhoff at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'd recommend, on XO-1.5
>
> - take a 11.x.y buid
> - use the yum repos dsd prepared for XS, groupinstall the right group ("OLPC
> School Server"?)
> - disable the prefdm service (remove/rename /etc/init/prefdm)
> - disable NM service, enable the 'network' service (using chkconfig)
>
> F14 and RHEL/CentOS6.2 are very close, the only incompat I am aware of is
> the Erlang runtime, so you probably need to rebuild ejabberd...

It seems closer to F13 to me (it has the F13 version of Python, anaconda, ...)
For this reason you'll have to rebuild all the XS packages that
include python scripts as well.

Another option you may wish to explore is running CentOS6 with the
OLPC kernel on the XO. (but I haven't really thought this through,
might be missing something obvious)

Daniel