[Server-devel] XS-0.7 beta 2 released

Sameer Verma sverma at sfsu.edu
Sat Feb 18 14:22:26 EST 2012

On Wed, Feb 15, 2012 at 2:07 PM, Daniel Drake <dsd at laptop.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Repos updated, and new install media available:
> http://wiki.laptop.org/go/XS_Installing_Software_0.7
>
> Changes since XS-0.7 beta 1:
> Exclude fprintd-pam from install (#11631)
> Add more etckeeper checkpoints (#11632)
> Update named.root (#11626)
> Disable IPv6 DNS lookups (#11630)
> Include simple IPv6 firewall config (#11629)
>
> Thanks to Sam for the quick testing.
>
> Daniel

I used the unetbootin approach to build a USB stick to boot from. I've
had trouble with the step where it looks for the media. Says something
like

hd: LABEL=OLPC School Server 0.7 i386:olpcxs.ks

and loops at that step. When I change it to

hd:/dev/sda1:olpcxs.ks

It continues the install, but failed twice around the part where it
sets up partitions on the target drive. I could have a bad USB stick,
so I'll try again later today. Is anybody else seeing this?

Using the approach to install CentOS 6.2 and then adding the repos was
successful on the OLPCorps SolidLogic box and a Fit PC2

cheers,
Sameer
--
Sameer Verma, Ph.D.