[Server-devel] XS-0.7 beta 2 installation successful

Daniel Drake dsd at laptop.org
Fri Feb 17 18:08:48 EST 2012

Hi,

Over the last 2 days, German Ruiz and I installed six XS-0.7 beta 2
test servers in Managua. 5 were installed by USB, 1 by CD.

Overall it was successful and the plan is still to produce XS-0.7
final on Monday.

We found 2 minor problems, both added to XS release notes:

The USB installer skips some steps (language, bootloader config, etc)
for unknown reasons. Most of them aren't important (you're supposed to
accept the defaults in most places anyway), but the one significant
one missing is the keyboard configuration.

Squid has been seen crashing on occasion (see squid bug #3048).
However, it restarts automatically after a few seconds of downtime.

Thanks,
Daniel