[Server-devel] XS rebase review

Martin Langhoff martin at laptop.org
Wed Feb 8 06:32:20 EST 2012

On Tue, Feb 7, 2012 at 5:58 PM, Daniel Drake <dsd at laptop.org> wrote:
> Ready for the next round of reviews for the XS work. I've now
> performed basic testing of all aspects of the system, so I feel this
> is ready for merging and wider testing.

Thanks!

> xs-config: pu branch recreated. Changes since yesterday:

I think that the new pu branch you pushed out is incomplete. It has a
very short run of patches, a massive diff from the pu I reviewed, and
it ends at

  11bdbdb Add setup.d hooks

Maybe a git push is needed :-)

> ds-backup: pu branch ready for review

Looks good.  We'll make a server & client release together. I have a
buglet to fix client-side.

> idmgr: pu branch ready for review

Much nicer layout, thanks! In fact, if you want to move it to
/var/lib, or /library... you got my nod as well.

Request: list_registration is a command for sysadmins;
 - rename it (xs-list-registration?), put it on the path
 - maybe make it root-only?

> xs-activation: pu branch ready for review
> xs-activity-server: pu branch ready for review

Looking good!

> xs-rsync: pu branch ready for review

Nice detail on the xz support!

> xs-tools: pu branch ready for review

Looks good.

> Remaining bits from the core packages:
>
> Moodle - seemed to fail on first boot, worked on second.  Using
> moodle-xs-1.9.5.xs2-1.xs11.noarch. Need to dig further.

I'll look into merging w 1.9.x latest, for security and stable
goodies. How much time have we got?

> ejabberd - runs, accepts connection, but shows no presence info. Need
> to look into this.

Hmmm, perhaps it's not getting the automagic Online group created?
Look in the ejabberd-xs.init script, run the commands from
setup_online_srg() by hand. The change in the ejabberd control module
changed the syntax of commands slightly.

> Which moodle branch should I be working with?

Branch mdl19-xs from
git+ssh://dev.laptop.org/git/users/martin/moodle.git