[Server-devel] XS-AU registration issue Fwd: Upgrade from XO 1.5 Firmware Q3B19 to Q3B22 results to "Registration Failed" Error

Daniel Drake dsd at laptop.org
Mon Feb 6 17:07:57 EST 2012

On Sat, Feb 4, 2012 at 8:22 AM, Mitchell Seaton <mseaton at ekindling.org> wrote:
> Hey Guys and dev lists,
>
> You haven't seen this issue with XO build 883, and XS-AU 0.7?
>
> Can't be firmware issue as he says, must been OS or XS-AU issue/config. If
> 'schoolserver' resolves on XO and registration shows up in
> list_registration.. why could a failed registration message return - are
> there particular logs we should look at? I can't remember the logs, and
> don't have a machine available (at my current home) right now to test
> XS-AU/XO registration.

Check the network settings in the control panel. If a server is set
there (for example: the address of an old XS that you previously
registered to), it will use that server address rather than
'schoolserver'.

I just got bitten by this.

(is this behaviour new? It doesn't feel quite right for the field.)

Daniel