[Server-devel] Is a Community Edition of XS happening? or should it?

Sridhar Dhanapalan sridhar at laptop.org.au
Thu Aug 2 09:12:20 EDT 2012

I'm also pleased to see how much XS 0.7 has borrowed from our XS-AU
builds. It's great validation of our work thus far and encouragement
for us to take things further.

It's clear that XS development has not been able to receive enough
resources to maintain ongoing development at the pace that is needed.
I think that improvements can be made at a faster rate, and the user
adoption rate increased, if the XS is a set of packages on top of
Fedora (and, by extension, the OLPC OS).

Sridhar