[Server-devel] Browse or Moodle-XS error - Redirect Loop Redirection limit reached

David Leeming david at leeming-consulting.com
Tue Apr 24 03:55:36 EDT 2012

On Mon, Apr 23, 2012 at 7:39 AM, David Leeming
<david at leeming-consulting.com> wrote:
> Also found a file named.run which is nearly 1GB in size, - I gather this
is
> a debugging file, can I disable the function that generates it? Will

> Normally named.run should only contain a number, a small integer.

> If you restart the server, after having removed named.run, and let it
> run for a while, what happens with named.run ?

This is a server machine I carry about to use in field trainings. Typically
I use a Windows laptop connected to the server network with a VNC client
running, to use with a projector to display XOs (using Classroom Broadcast).
I have not had any problems before, perhaps I did not reach the limit. It is
now clear this is due to the Windows laptop antivirus trying to update:
after deleting named.run, a few hours later it is getting up to 100MB and it
turns out that is made up of lines as below the below:

network unreachable resolving 'dnl=12.geo.kaspersky.com/A/IN' ;
192.50.128.30

I also have problems this trip with collaboration. We only have 25 teacher's
XO-1s (b883, sugar 0.94.1) and all are registered and appear in the Moodle
user list. But the neighbourhood does not reliably populate and when sharing
an activity the sharing icon does not reliably appear on all the other XOs
neighbourhood view making it difficult to do collaboration training. Is
there an issue with the combination of XS v0.6 and the particular XO
build/sugar version? Or maybe something on my server is broken,