[Server-devel] XS on ARM update.

rihoward1 at gmail.com rihoward1 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 11 12:13:29 EDT 2012

Martin,

I have been meaning to email you an update about XS on ARM for a while.
I had to take a hiatus from what I was doing with it, but started back on it a while back.

I had been experimenting with getting XS components running on ARM.
That was with Fedora 13 for ARM. With Fedora 13 for ARM ejabberd behaved nicely.

 I was in the process of moving to Fedora 15 but then Fedora 15 stayed in perpetual
alpha and I wanted to be on a release that was well supported.
Then Fedora 17 for ARM koji is building much faster than expected
so I am in the process of moving over to Fedora 17.
Note that currently Puppet relies on some hard coded intel specific code.

I would like to chat with you some time about this as I want to discuss what is essential
for the XS and which is the correct git branches etc to pull from for some olpc specific bits.
.

Robert Howard